Author Topic: Trigger several functions with one switch  (Read 360 times)

Romain

• Axum User
    • View Profile
    • Radio Campus Lille
Trigger several functions with one switch
« on: March 07, 2019, 11:16:57 AM »
Hello

i would like to know if AXUM software allows to link one switch to several functions.

Here's an example : i would like to a random switch on the surface like "ext 1" and  when i press it, it switches off all my microphones (module on/off function)

Thank you
Radio Campus Lille - D&R Axum system 3.0

DNR Support

• Support Engineer
  • Administrator
  • D&R Support department
    • View Profile
    • D&R Website
Re: Trigger several functions with one switch
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 05:14:50 PM »
Hello,

There is no function in the Axum that I can think of that can do that directly.
What you can do is create in the module configuration create a preset A and B that are both the same but with the Microphone channels switched to on and off.
Create switches that switch between those presets.
The only thing in this situation is that when the faders are up this overrules the On Off switching.

Another option is to switch a GPO and connect it to 4 GPI's and give each of these GPI's the function to Switch off a Mic channel and fader off.
Factory Opening hours:
Monday to Friday : 09.00 - 17.00 hour (Dutch local time)

Romain

• Axum User
    • View Profile
    • Radio Campus Lille
Re: Trigger several functions with one switch
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 08:15:24 AM »
Hello

the first option doesn't seem to be possible for us because we're already using Preset A & B to select pre-configured sources. Plus it resets some temporary settings on each module.

the second option seems to be an interesting way, i'll get back to you in order to provide some details about our on going tests.

About my initial question, here's the whole story.
Our old analog system provided a "mute all mic" switch and since we switched our whole system to Axum, it became a very requested feature among our radio team.
Our main room studio includes 8 microphones. So when the room is full, it becomes more easier to manage all the guests with one switch.

So if you ever plan to release some day a new software version for Axum, would it be ok for you to consider it as a feature request ?
This is not specifically about muting all mic but about giving to a switch the ability to trigger several functions in one go.

Thank you
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 12:27:10 PM by Romain »
Radio Campus Lille - D&R Axum system 3.0